Setting up Calendarserver on FreeBSD 7.2

The last few days I am trying to setup CalendarServer on FreeBSD 7.2. I failed so far :-)

Together with Tom Scholten I got rid of a lot of errors (oh well a lot, just getting forward); but I am stuck with the following error;

Building Zope Interface…

Building select26…

Building PyDirector…

Using python as Python

Starting server…
exec python /usr/local/src/Twisted/bin/twistd -n caldav -f /usr/local/src/CalendarServer/conf/caldavd-dev.plist -o ProcessType=Combined
/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/calendarserver/tap/caldav.py:48: DeprecationWarning: mktap and related support modules are deprecated as of Twisted 8.0. Use Twisted Application Plugins with the ‘twistd’ command directly, as described in ‘Writing a Twisted Application Plugin for twistd’ chapter of the Developer Guide.
from twisted.scripts.mktap import getid
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/src/Twisted/bin/twistd”, line 19, in
run()
File “/usr/local/src/Twisted/twisted/scripts/twistd.py”, line 27, in run
app.run(runApp, ServerOptions)
File “/usr/local/src/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py”, line 689, in run
config.parseOptions()
File “/usr/local/src/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py”, line 669, in parseOptions
usage.Options.parseOptions(self, options)
File “/usr/local/src/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py”, line 231, in parseOptions
self.subOptions.parseOptions(rest)
File “/usr/local/src/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py”, line 241, in parseOptions
self.postOptions()
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/calendarserver/tap/caldav.py”, line 218, in postOptions
self.loadConfiguration()
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/calendarserver/tap/caldav.py”, line 230, in loadConfiguration
config.load(self["config"])
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/config.py”, line 199, in load
configDict = ConfigDict(self._provider.loadConfig())
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/stdconfig.py”, line 401, in loadConfig
configDict = readPlist(self._configFileName)
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twext/python/_plistlib.py”, line 80, in readPlist
rootObject = p.parse(pathOrFile)
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twext/python/_plistlib.py”, line 403, in parse
parser.ParseFile(fileobj)
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twext/python/_plistlib.py”, line 415, in handleEndElement
handler()
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twext/python/_plistlib.py”, line 467, in end_string
self.addObject(self.getData())
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twext/python/_plistlib.py”, line 428, in addObject
self.stack[-1].append(value)
File “/usr/local/src/CalendarServer/twext/python/_plistlib.py”, line 298, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError, attr
AttributeError: append

If someone has a suggestion on how to fix this I would be very interested. For now I had a lot of time in this today, and I am not willing to spend more time on it.

4 thoughts on “Setting up Calendarserver on FreeBSD 7.2”

  1. I know what that error means (_plistlib.py is trying to use a method append on itself but apparently it does not have or doesn’t see that method on itself and raises the error) but unless I can reproduce it myself I can’t help much more than that. You say it took several days to get to this point and I don’t want to have to try and do that all myself. If you send me what you have/tell me what you did so far I’ll take a look and see what I can do. I assume you can see my email address even though it’s not displayed, if not reply to this comment and I’ll just post if.

    1. Dear Suprsonic,

      Yes I have found an resolution for my problems. There were two things that I walked up against. One of them being:

      The pyKerberos tool uses the krb5-config application to determine some headers, and includes etc. The local /usr/bin version is different from the /usr/local/bin version, which contains the proper information. So I adjusted the PATH variable to first look into /usr/local/bin and then continue different PATH’s. Bit spooky but for one time on this run, it should be OK.

      Now that that had been resolved, I still came across E_NOATTR messages, which aren’t there on my system. I replaced it with E_NOENT or something, entirely the wrong solution, since it’s only a workaround, but the server starts now.

      Next up the list is finding out how it actually works, I cannot get my head around it yet.. :-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>